Monday, November 28, 2011

The Long Weekend

So here's what happened over the weekend:

Saturday, 26 November 2011
DH decided to take me away to a hotel in a city for the weekend. I loved the idea. Two days and one night of hanging out in a fancy hotel room and sleeping on a bed so comfortable you never want to wake up. Who wouldn't love the idea? So we packed our bags and headed to the city.

The hotel was nice enough but it was under renovation do there was a lot of noise during the day from the construction work. But the bed and pillows were awesome so I didn't complain. We forgot to pack socks in our suitcase so DH made a pair using the hotel bathroom hand towels. It was really sweet of him to do that.

The hotel room. Nice eh?

That night we went to a friend's house for her daughter's birthday party. I like to think of them as my second family. Apart from my own family and buttcheeks, they are always there for me and DH. The theme was anything Mickey Mouse and I enjoyed myself. I laughed a lot, something that I thought I would never do after the miscarriage. My friend's mum, Aunty Yam and her friend Aunty Nonie gave me some advice on how to take care of myself and I took them to heart.


Me as Minnie Mouse. That's DH grinning at the back

We spent the night at the hotel. A lot of snuggling and cuddling with DH and for the first time since the miscarriage happened, I felt okay.

Sunday, 27 November 2011

DH's dad and stepmom came to KL and they were supposed to have lunch together with DH's sister and her family. I told DH that I wasn't ready to see them and he understood. I was grateful that he didn't push me to come along.

Monday, 28 November 2011


It was a public holiday so went to The Gardens Mall to get my wheatgrass, barley grass and chlorella supplement. A friend of mine said that they were good to cleanse the body and that a few months after she started taking them, she conceived and carried the baby full term after miscarrying a few months before. I figured it was worth a shot but damn! Those things are expensive! We spent RM259 for the whole package. DH fixed me a concoction of the wheatgrass, barley grass and chlorella and my first thought on taking the first sip was that it tasted like the seaweed in a sushi restaurant. It was bearable though it took me a while to get everything down my throat. Please please let this work.

I felt like a scientist mixing the powder to make the concoction

Then we went to the Big Bad Wolf Aftermath Sale (coz one can never have enough books). Bought 10 book for RM50 and got one free. Was that a really good deal or what? All in all it was quite a good weekend. Just what I needed before I start work again. Nt sure how I'm gonna handle work after all that happened so we'll see. Till the next update, be well peeps!


I really need a new bookcase. Fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment