Thursday, November 3, 2011

15dp5dt - An Update

So I took a HPT on Wednesday just for fun and whaddaya know, there was a very very faint positive line. Squint and you'll miss it. But then again I took it at night after I've chugged down copious amount of water and food. So I decided to take the test again the next morning and whaddaya know, this time the sign was clearer. DH was obviously ecstatic although he tried not to show it. I think he was more nervous about the test than I was. Funnily enough, I was very calm about the whole thing. I have imagined this scene so many times and being calm was never one of them. I blame it on being let down so many times before.

And then because we were still doubtful whether this is real or not we did the test again this morning. And holey cow! The positive sign was clear as day! Alhamdulillah. I think DH finally allowed himself to believe it and he broke down in tears. It was such an overwhelming experience coz we've waited so long for this. We kept checking back just to see the positive sign coz we've never seen it before!

I told three of my buttcheeks (heck I couldn't keep something this big a secret for long from them). It felt so surreal telling them I'm now pregnant. I still can't believe it. I told my mom and she gave me a list of things to eat/not to eat. Typical mom. Little sister practically screamed in my ears when I told her and big sis was ecstatic. I'm still very cautious since this is the first trimester. Plus until I see Prof Hashim on the 15th I'm treating this as an "unconfirmed pregnancy". I still talk to my tummy all the time, telling my babies to be strong and that Mama and Daddy can't wait to see them in 9 months.

Some people at the office have commented that I look pregnant coz of my bulging tummy. I'm not sure if it's because I've been eating like there's no tomorrow or if it's because of my babies. I choose to believe it's the latter.

One of my buttcheeks will be doing IVF this month and I'm praying that it will work out for her too InsyaAllah. Wouldn't it be great if we were to have kids together and our kids can be buttcheeks to? :) I went out for dinner with them justnow and oh my gosh I was exhausted by the time I got home. I think walking very slowly is taking a lot of my energy. I don't think I can do this again anytime soon.

Here's a picture of the latest test. I think I'm gonna do another one tomorrow. I'm insane, I know :P

No comments:

Post a Comment