Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Run Like The Wind Bullseye!

So I did something crazy yesterday. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but I needed a partner to do this with, and I don't think DH is up to it. Luckily for me, one of my BFFs (also known as my sister from different parents) is an outdoor freak and she mentioned about this thing that I've-been-wanting-to-do-for-a-long-time and asked me if I was interested. So what did I done do? I signed up for a marathon! Yeehaa!!! It will be held at Penang on the Penang Bridge (the marathon is called the Penang Bridge Marathon for obvious reasons) and we signed up for the 10km run.

Perfect timing too since I just bought my running shoes last week. Oh and I've started my weekend walks with DH last weekend. We walked around our housing area three times, and I almost died hahaha. But we had fun doing it. It gave us something to do together every weekend. We talked about a lot of things while we walked, one of them being our next IVF plan of course. And on our way back home, we stopped by our local mamak restaurant and had teh tarik (pulled tea) and tosai for breakfast hahaha. Next weekend we plan to walk all the way to the next neighbourhood (Taman TAR). I'll update on that if I don't pass out and never wake up hahah.

Anyway, back to my marathon story. It's gonna be held in September and DH agreed that we could go. We're gonna spend two nights in Penang. I'll be bunking with my BFF the first night since the venue of the marathon is a walking distance away from the hotel that she booked (poor DH will be spending the night alone, and the next night me and DH are staying at Hard Rock Hotel Penang yay!!

Can't wait for September to come. I highly doubt that me and my BFF will win any prizes, but it sounds like a fun thing to do with a friend. DH is confident that we will place 15th, from the back. Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence LOL!


Till next time! Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment