Monday, June 25, 2012

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

So many things happened last weekend that I don't know where to start. So I thought of doing a "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" kinda post. Here's a lowdown on what happened last weekend...

The Good


1. Took my parents out for a seafood lunch at Kang Guan Restaurant in Carey Island on Saturday. It's our amily's go to restaurant for good seafood. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get there, but the food is so good, distance be damned. The funny thing is we discovered that there was a highway from Kajang to Klang so we took the highway on our way back home, and it took us only half an hour! (banging head against the wall LOL) The total bill came up to RM129 (USD40) which is darn cheap considering we ordered five different dishes.


Clockwise from top left: Claypot tofu, stir fried sweet potato leaves, steamed garoupa and chili crab. We also had crayfish in dried chili but the photo mysteriously disappeared from my phone :( Everything was yum!!!


The mangrove trees lining the river bed



The view from our table

2. Finally sent my fabrics for my Eid baju kurung to the tailor. Lucky for us the tailor knows us quite well, so she accepted our last minute request. Yay!

3. Went hiking again.

4. Went to BookXcess and got a couple of books and three audiobooks for less than RM187.50 (USD27). Yay!

5. Made dinner last night and DH polished off everything.

6. Went to the wedding of an ex-colleague daughter. It was really good seeing old friends, catching up on the latest news and having a big laugh the entire time.

Wait. Could it be? I actually look thinner (that's me on the right by the way :P)

The Bad


1. Went hiking again. We only  managed to get to the first tier of the hill. 10 minutes into the hike, we were already huffing and puffing and ready to collapse LOL. I think what made us finish the entire trail last weekend was the fact that we didn't know where we going so no matter what happened, we had to get to the finish line.

2. Found out too late that there was a marathon going on in the city. I would have registered if I had known. Boo.

The Ugly.


1. Found out on Friday that my buttcheek's embryo stopped beating. She was 7 weeks pregnant.  I went over to her mom's house which is 10 minutes away from where I was staying. She cried and I cried with her. I was sad for her coz I know the pain of losing your baby. I feel bad for giving her the "What To Expect" book, but she told me not to. One thing I can say is that she is one strong woman. Sure she was devastated but she accepted that this was not meant to be and I really admire her for that.

So that's my weekend round up. What did you do last weekend? :P


No comments:

Post a Comment