Thursday, June 21, 2012

Of Green Ogre and Jason Mraz

So something that never ever happened to me actually happened last week. I won a contest! And not just any contest. It's the Shrek The Musical contest where the price was four tickets to the show in KL. Hip hip hooray! I remember DH and I were at a coffee shop one weekend for breakfast and I was flipping the newspaper and saw the article on Shrek The Musical, and at the bottom was a column on the contest. I answered all the questions (the answers were all in the article) and thought nothing about it and then last Thursday i got an e-mail saying that I won the tickets!

The show was on Tuesday and I brought DH, my mom and dad along. I was actually waiting for my internal client to give me Jason Mraz tickets for his show, also last night, but I didn't hear a peep from him so I figured why waste perfectly good tickets (worth RM390 each by the way).

Pretty decent seats seats too!

I was riveted during the entire show. The cast was great. The music was great. The acting was great. The script was great. My favourite character would probably have to be Lord Farquaad. He was hilarious! What surprised me was how similar the voices of the characters in the musical with the actors in the movie. Donkey really sounded like Eddie Murphy! All in all everything was great and we had a really good time.

The stage from where we were sitting

Mama enjoyed it too and I thought she would. But Baba really surprised me. He's not the kind of guy who watches animated movies and I highly doubt that he has Shrek at the movies but I could tell that he was really into the whole thing.

Me & Mama

The next day hitz.fm was all abuzz with updates from the Jason Mraz concert on Tuesday night. I must say that I was a wee bit disappointed that I didn't get to go. I was looking forward to going actually, since my colleague told me that she would try her hardest to get me a couple of tickets, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Anyway, if you haven't checked out Jason Mraz's latest album "Love Is A Four Letter Word", please do. You can thank me later.

I also started reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I saw this book at my favourite bookstore and picked it up. I usually go for bestsellers but for some reason I was intrigued with this one. Apparently it's about a Harvard Professor who is actually a witch but does not want to have anything to do with sorcery. Oh and there's an "enigmatic" vampire thrown in there somewhere. Please don't make him sparkly. Shudder. I'm only up to page 15 and so far we have a good relationship, but we'll see how it pans out. Has anyone read this book? What do you think?


Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment