Sunday, April 29, 2012

An Update

So we had our ER on Friday. We got to the clinic an hour early just in case. As soon as we got there the nurse told me to go pee and change into hospital garbs. Fifteen minutes later I was told that Prof was ready for me. I got myself comfortable on the stirrups and the nurse started to inject sedatives into my vein. I must have passed out soon after. I think they miscalculated on the dose coz I remember waking up (albeit very groggy) in the middle of the procedure and I remember telling the nurse that I was in pain. And then I passed out again. I'm not sure if it was all a dream or that me waking up really happened, but I didn't make a big deal out of it. What's important is that we managed to pick up 8 eggs and according to DH our Prof looked fairly optimistic.

And today I got a call from the clinic saying that out of the 8 eggs, 4 were fertilized. They thought only two made it but yesterday they found that another two fertilized. So far they have only split to two cells so it looks like ET tomorrow is not gonna happen. They're hoping to wait for the embryos to split to eight cells. The nurse also mentioned that some of the embryos are fragmented. I did some googling and read that fragmented embryo could lead to lower chance of implantation so I really hope that the degree of fragmentation is not too high. The nurse did say that they're gonna do a blastocyst transfer which I hope will give me a better chance. So now we wait for another phone call.

I don't know whether this is a good sign but I'm not too worried when the nurse told us of the progress. I've been through the "worrying all the way" stage and that didn't work out too well for us. Hopefully this calm new me means that we're gonna get a positive outcome, InsyaAllah.

So it looks like I'm going to the office tomorrow after all. As for today, I'm gonna go out on a date with my wonderful DH. It's my last weekend of freedom before I'm put under strict house arrest by DH for three weeks :). Until the next update...

everything.jpg






No comments:

Post a Comment