Thursday, April 4, 2013

Updates



Whoa! It's been almost a month since my last post. A month! Sorry about that. Nothing interesting happening in my life, hence the lack of posts. Well, actually I've had a couple of interesting moments, but was too lazy to write :P Had my 2nd of 3rd shot of Diphereline last month and will be taking the last shot this Saturday. I started to feel the effects of the shots from the 2nd shot, the worst being the hot flushes. And my goodness, do I sweat! When everyone at the office is freezing from the a/c, I'll be sweating and fanning myself. But aside from that and my libido going on a downward spiral (my RE was not joking about this) I feel fine. I don't feel like throwing tantrums every 2 seconds and I don't go crying every 5 minutes, so I'm gonna say this whole menopause thingy is actually kinda okay. And AF has stopped coming. Can't say I miss it. So that's everything about my forced menopause. RE's gonna do a vaginal scan and tummy scan this Saturday to make sure everything is okay, and we'll go from there.

Got my bonus this month Alhamdulillah. I got a very good rating from boss, as promised. I paid for my Mini Clubman in full, paid for my umrah (mini pilgrimage) next month InsyaAllah, got a little something for myself, gave some of my bonus to my parents, plan to take my family and buttcheeks out for a nice dinner, and the rest will go to my savings. And I'll be going for short holiday with DH and my mom to Jakarta this month yay!

I must say that it's refreshing to take a break from fertility treatments, well except for the Diphereline shots. I don't get depressed every month when I don't get pregnant because I know I can't (thanks Diphereline). I read a post from a blogger I follow that there should be a life outside infertility. And she's right. I told myself a long time ago that I will not let my life revolve around my infertility, although at times I've done just that. It's not healthy for me and for my marriage. My life will not be dictated by my inability to conceive and to carry a baby full term, and I will try to keep that in mind the next time I get depressed. And to celebrate being free from the shackles of having to take clomide and being a pin cushion, DH and I booked tickets to...drum roll please! Japan!!! We'll be going to mainly Osaka and Tokyo in November and I can't wait!

Disneyland, here I come!

So, that's my short update. Will update more after my appointment with Dr. Adilah this Saturday. Oh and have you heard about the Veronica Mars movie that's coming out next year? I'm stoked! Yup, I'm a sucker for teen drama. Bet you didn't know that about me heh? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment