Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Much Needed Reminder

Everyday I will stalk my favourite blogs, most of them blogs on women's struggle with infertility. Today I was reading Jay's post on her blog here and I almost teared up. I want to thank for her posting one of the most wonderful quotes I've heard  in a long time. If I could print it out and frame it to hang at my office and home, I would.


You are not a failure. You’ve done nothing wrong so please, please, please stop thinking that. Infertility is a medical issue and not at all a reflection on who you are as a person, a sister, a daughter, a wife, a friend or a woman. Don’t be ashamed because I swear to you – infertility doesn’t make you any less of a person or any less deserving of happiness.” 


I know for a fact that most of us (myself included) that we see ourselves as failures. We fail to give our husbands children that we're meant to bring into the world. We fail to give our parents children. We fail to give our siblings nieces and nephews. We simply fail. When in actual fact we shouldn't think of ourselves that way. I personally believe that we infertiles are the strongest kind of women. We've been thrown with all kinds of hardships and tests, failed fertility treatments or pregnancies only to be followed with miscarriages and still we soldier on. The word "giving up" does not exist in our dictionary. Well at least not in mine. 


My hope for myself is that I will always be strong in times of hardship, that I will always have hope that one day soon that I will have my own bundle of joy in my arms and I hope for the same to my fellow infertile friends both in the real world in the virtual. Much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment