Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby making: The next chapter

So I'm gonna start my first IVF cycle next month (and hopefully my last). I was supposed to start this month but with the Eid celebration and my niece and nephew being back from the UK made it impossible to do so. I'm glad we waited though. My niece and nephew, adorable they may be can be like monster trucks at times, barging into me and clinging on as if their lives depended on it.


To say I'm scared is an understatement. Well actually I've got a thousand different emotions jumbled up inside me. Fear, apprehension, anxiety, excitement. You name it. A doctor friend of mine advised me to No. 1 eat healthy and organic food, No. 2 get plenty of rest i.e sleep early and get plenty of rest, No. 3 exercise and No. 4 to manage my stress. So far I've only managed to do No. 2 :P


I've been talking to a friend of a friend who has done an IVF and was successful. She has recently given birth to a beautiful baby boy Alhamdulillah. Talking to her gives me some comfort plus she gave me tips on the do's and don'ts before, during and after the procedure.


I know I'll be expecting buckets of tears to be shed from beginning to end. I've learned from my previous failed IUI's that fertility drugs will put me on an emotional rollercoaster ride and seeing that the dosage for the IVF is a lot higher than IUI, I've warned my husband, boss and colleagues (who know that I'm doing this) to be prepared.


I think I'm almost ready for the next chapter in our baby making effort (is anyone ever fully ready?) but now I'm faced with a problem. My doc gave me Zithromax antibiotics which I'm supposed to take but for the life of me I cannot remember when I'm supposed to take them and I can't seem to get hold of him to ask. If any of you could tell that would be great.


 



Zithromax


 




I have an appointment with my doctor on the 4th of next month just to ask him whatever questions that we missed the last time we saw him. I'm hoping and praying that this procedure will work but I know that everything that happens or will happen is in The Almighty's hands. InsyaAllah with the doa of my family and friends our efforts will be fruitful Amiiinn :)



No comments:

Post a Comment