Sunday, May 18, 2014

C.O.N.S.T.I.P.A.T.E.D

My God have I been constipated since ER. It was just so awful I don't even know how to explain. Bottom line, I haven't been able to "go" since ER. Disgusting I know. I don't know if it's the anesthetic gas or the drugs that I've been taking, but it's gotten so bad that my tummy was in pain. I mentioned about it to the doctor and she said it could be a symptom of OHSS. Crap. Although I don't think it is coz I haven't gained any significant weight not have my abdominal girth expanded significantly. I know coz I've been weighing and measuring myself everyday as instructed by the doctor. Anyway, I told the doctor about it again this morning and she told me to take Duphalac. And whaddaya know, two hours after taking 15ml of Duphalac I cleared my bowel. Hooray!

Also, I've been texting the doctor about my daily fluid intake and urine output. Again, disgusting I know. Even writing about it makes me cringe. I'm supposed to take a minimum of 2L of fluid a day, and can I just say that right now, I can't even look at a glass of water without wanting to throw up. And speaking of throwing up, you guessed it. I threw up every day for the last two days. 

I'm not complaining but this is way harder than my last two IVFs. But I'm taking all this in my stride. Hopefully this is a sign that I'm responding to the treatment. 

Tomorrow is ET day and I still haven't packed my bag. I just finished doing my office work to make my colleagues' jobs easier in my absence. I'm supposed to call the clinic first tomorrow before coming over. ET is at 3 pm do my guess is that they don't want me to waste my time by coming early. But as usual, we IVF patients are all kinds of crazy. When I got the call from the nurse telling me to call the clinic first, my brain started telling me that maybe there's something wrong. Maybe the embies haven't grown to the point that they could be transferred. Crazy right?

Anyway, I gotta get my things ready for tomorrow. Talk to you guys soon. Hope you had a lovely weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. Aiza, try minum seteguk dua every 15 minutes. i siap set timer on my phone masa nak biasakan diri minum air banyak... Good luck for the ET and have a good rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I campur air with a little bit of honey. Problem solved! hehehe

      Delete
  2. Good luck for your ET...dah selamat pun agaknye...hehe

    ReplyDelete