Monday, November 5, 2012

I Think I Need a Holiday

So I've been feeling a little down these past couple of weeks. Nothing major to worry about. I think I'm just exhausted with work. For some reason the end of the year means an onslaught of requests for contracts to be drafted/reviewed. It's probably got something to do with utilizing the company's budget for the year. Anyway, it's taking a toll on me. I know my last vacation was just two months ago but I need another one pronto!

Luckily for me, hubs and I will be going to Penang next weekend for my marathon across the Penang Bridge. The initial plan was for us to go with my friend and her sister, but it turns out that my whole family decided to tag along. On one hand I was a bit disappointed coz I was really looking forward to spending the holiday with hubs and my friends without feeling obligated to go wherever my family wants to go around Penang, but on the other hand the cheeky monkeys are gonna be there so that ought to be fun.

We'll be staying at Hard Rock Hotel Penang yay!! I've stayed at the hotel a couple of years ago during one of my buttcheeks roadtrip, and I must say the hotel is gorgeous! Here's a sneak peek

I'll see you soon Paul, John, George and Ringo!

Isn't the pool are gorgeous?

My boss still has not approved my application for leave, but no matter, even if he doesn't approve it by next weekend, I think I'll just take off LOL. 4.10 p.m: Boss approved my leave request yeehaa!!!
______________________________

There comes a time in one's professional life when you start to think about switching jobs/career/workplace. And right now I'm thinking it. Granted, I think about it not just once, but a couple of times a year. I think this feeling relates to my exhaustion. But surely there must be a fun job for me out there? One that doesn't require reviewing endless pages of agreements and giving advice to my business users on how best to do the business and minimizing legal risks at the same time. Something that relates to books and my love for reading? Maybe I should be a librarian LOL. Bottom line is, I'm stressed and tired and feeling depressed. And I hear a change is gonna come at the office but since it's not confirmed yet, I can't share it, but that's kinda stressing me out too. Plus if DH and I are planning to do our IVF in January, I really need to complete my projects at least by early January 2013, and I've got quite a few projects under my belt. 

So yeah, I'm stressed. Boo...


_________________________________

I watched this with DH last weekend...



And I loved it! It's definitely one of the best Bond films I've watched so far. Every actor in this movie carried out their roles perfectly. There were some surprises in the plot (I will not reveal them here) so if you wanna know what they are, go watch it! And Adele singing the theme song, oh my. They really hit the jackpot with that one. By the time the movie was over, I had the song on repeat in my head. Watch it watch it watch it!

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the little getaway is what you need! Try not to stress!!! :) {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! Can't wait for my holiday to start tomorrow :)

      Delete