Friday, November 16, 2012

Farewell My Friend

So my BFF just told me some bad (or wonderful, depending on how you look at it) news this afternoon. She's being transferred to Jakarta! Sure, it's not like she's being transferred to US or UK or somewhere where it takes more than 12 hours to get to. But Jakarta!! It's not like we see each other every day (she currently works in Singapore) but this means we'll see each other even less than we already do. Who's gonna cheer me on when I start IVF #3? Ok I'm being melodramatic. I still have my buttcheeks and my BBC ladies to cheer me on, but this BFF is a big part of my life. She's like a sister to me. She's the one I IM with every single day of the week. And I mean every single day. She's one of my friends whom I can talk to about almost everything without judgment.

Sigh...I'm really happy for her coz this means she's being promoted. Being a career minded girl myself, I did tell her to accept the transfer. It's a great opportunity for her. I mean, if I weren't married and the opportunity presented itself, I'd take it. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm gonna miss  her. She'll leave for Jakarta in January (that's too soon!) and I'm really glad that she's coming along for our holiday in Penang tomorrow and running with me in the marathon on Sunday, so at least we'll have fun before she leaves.

Farewell my friend. Jakarta's really lucky to have you. Spread your wings in Indonesian sky and soar, like I know you will.



No comments:

Post a Comment