Sunday, March 9, 2014

IVF #3

So DH and I went to see Dr Adilah on Friday to talk about IVF #3. She asked us when we plan to do it and we told her we'd like to start this month, bearing in mind that that day was CD17. She did a quick scan and she said I was already ovulating and she couldn't really see whether everything looked ok for IVF. So I guess we'll have to come again next month on CD12 and then we'll go from there. 

I like the fact that she needs to be really sure everything is perfect with my uterus etc before she gives the go ahead. I've had other REs who would just go ahead without checking. So that was comforting. 

We asked her for the cost and after a quick calculation it would come up to RM18K or so. Gulp! But InsyaAllah we can work it out. It does look like she'll be prescribing A LOT of medicines. My best friend in Jakarta who knows about this treatment even offered to help financially, and even though we declined the offer, I felt really grateful for her thoughtfulness. May He bless you always for your kindness, my friend. 

In other news, two of my buttcheeks gave birth recently, and one of them to an IVF baby. Looks like I'm the odd one out now. Sigh. 

Also in other news, I'm feeling really sad about the news of our MH370 airplane which went missing yesterday. I cannot imagine what the family members are feeling right now. My prayer goes out to each and every one of them. Though the odds are pretty slim, I like to think that there's still a sliver of hope. Let's hope that all will be well

#prayforMH370  

No comments:

Post a Comment