Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Moment in Solitude. And a Plan!

So last Friday I found out from FB and Instagram that a friend is pregnant with her 6th child. 6th!!! Good on her. She posted a photo of the sonogram. I think I may have stared at the picture for a good couple of minutes, frozen. And as if on auto pilot I started walking to the toilet and started crying. Thankfully it was during lunch hour and after hiding in the toilet for about fifteen minutes, I cleaned up, got out, walked back to my cubicle, grabbed my purse and book that I was currently reading and went next door to Gloria Jean's. I placed my order for a tall caramel latte and found a seat in the corner, away from everyone else.

As I sipped my coffee I sat there thinking, "this is exactly what I need. A time away from everyone else, if only for half an hour." While I hid from everyone, I texted my best friend in Jakarta and told her what happened, and as usual she gave me encouraging words plus anecdotes in between which made me laugh, and everything seemed a bit better. Sometimes, a moment in solitude is what you need to put yourself back together and put things in perspective. 

Anyway, DH and I went to see an ustaz last weekend in Melaka, just to see whether there is 'anything' preventing us from getting pregnant and to treat that first before we proceed with IVF. The last ustaz we saw at Yashfien centre a couple of months ago told us that there was 'something attaching itself to DH' which prevents him from making me pregnant, Wallahualam. After DH went for a couple of treatments at the centre, we thought of giving this ustaz in Melaka a try and according to this ustaz there is nothing wrong with either of us, which got us confused! But he did advice DH to perform solat sunat every day at night and to recite the last verse in Surah Yasin 100 times after every solat sunat. We're hoping that whatever it is that was attaching itself to DH is now gone, if ever there was any. Hopefully after this everything will be smooth sailing, InsyaAllah.

So this afternoon I was visiting a friend at the hospital who gave birth to an FET baby yesterday and it just so happens that it's the same hospital where my RE is. DH and I talked about our next cycle this morning, and since the Melaka ustaz didn't find anything wrong with us and since I was already at the hospital, I made an appointment with the RE to discuss IVF No. 3. We're scheduled to meet her next Friday. So our March plan is a go. Yay! But before we start with IVF, we made plans to go for a short holiday just to wind down and relax before everything IVF starts going crazy, so tomorrow we're going to Lombok for a four day holiday. I'm pretty excited about this trip. I've heard that Lombok is a beautiful place and unlike Bali, is not too crowded. So that's where I will be for the next four days. Will try to post pictures when I get back. I know I've been really bad at posting entries on my Japan trip. Eeeek!!

Have a wonderful week guys!!!


1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Aiza... Smg Allah permudahkan usaha u n ur hubby...Amin...

    ReplyDelete