Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ramadan Mubarak

Today is day 6 of Ramadan, the fasting month for Muslims. So far Ramadan has been pretty easy, probably because I've been observing it since as long as I can remember. The biggest challenge for me is the lack of sleep since DH and I wake up at 5 a.m. every morning to have our last meal before fasting till sunset, I end up feeling like a zombie when I get to the office. Also I really need to keep my temper in check. Hungry lawyer = grumpy lawyer. I feel bad for my internal users (sometimes) coz I bite their heads off whenever they act like they've never worked in their entire life before, but hey, "you have to help me help you" is all I gotta say.

I have been cooking every day for Iftar (the time when we break fast) this fasting month so far, and my dishes are kinda touch and go since I can't taste them to see if they need any more salt, chili, tamarind juice etc but so far DH is not complaining :) Here are some of the dishes that I've made.


clockwise from top left: stir fried squid with tumeric powder and french beans, beef in soy sauce, stinky beans and fried fish with sambal

clockwise from top left: chicken korma, fried fish, grilled eggplants, stinky beans, fermented fish (terubuk), kuih koci and sambal belancan

I tried making donuts a couple of days ago. I got the recipe from The Cooking Photographer. It turned okay and DH loved them, but because I halved the measurement (since there's only me and DH to eat them donuts), I don't think the measurement I used was all that accurate :P

For today's Iftar DH wants tomyam (spicy Thai soup), which reminds me I need to make a list of things to buy from the supermarket. Will write more soon. Ramadan Mubarak everyone!

p/s: It's nice not talking about IVF and the whole infertility thingy once in a while, don't you think? :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment