Wednesday, July 18, 2012

If Only...


I was having coffee with DH this morning and it suddenly hit me. If I hadn't miscarried the first time, I would have had a baby already by this time. How depressing is that? And then I was trolling my twitter feed when I saw my buttcheek's tweet on this blogpost. I think I wrote a few blogs ago that I have come to terms with my loss, but then again, I guess when it comes to the loss of your child you will never really come to terms. 


This afternoon I bumped into someone I know at the office and she asked me if I was pregnant and looked at my tummy. I told her, "no. I'm just fat." Seriously, when will people ever learn not to ask these kinds of questions? They're highly inappropriate. Although she doesn't know about my struggle with infertility, it's still inappropriate. 


I dunno. It's been a really weird day. I just want the day to be over so I can head home and have a cuddle on the couch with DH.


1 comment:

  1. Ugh. WHO ASKS THAT? Seriously, even if you're going to speculate privately (which is what my office is doing right now and that kind of sucks too), why on earth would she ask somebody that? So sorry you had to deal with that.
    I hope you had a good cuddle.

    ReplyDelete