Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thank God For...

...my buttcheeks. You may wonder what the heck buttcheeks mean. Let me tell you. They refer to a group of girlfriends whom I love to death. I think the term came about when one of my buttcheeks, let's call her R twot (yup that's past tense for tweet, in case you're wondering) this saying "Friends are like butt cheeks, crap may separate them but they always come back together in the end". From then on, we refer to each other as buttcheeks. It's very endearing, really. 



I've known my butt cheeks a long time. Since we were in school, really, although we weren't all that close in school. We hung out with different crowds. It was only a few years ago that our friendship blossomed to so much more than just friendship. We are like sisters. Don't ask me how it happened. It just did. And I'm glad it did. 


Anyway, being an infertile (God I hate that word) nothing is better than having your buttcheeks listening to your woes. They listen without judgement. For some reason I know that they understand how I feel, having been trying and failing at conceiving. I tell my buttcheeks almost everything about the fertility treatment I'm going through. I know that you're not supposed to tell people about the treatments as one additional person who knows, it means one additional person that you also tell in case you fail. But heck, the last two times my IUI failed, they were among the first I told, knowing that telling them would give me some comfort. They're like my safety blanket that I cannot live without. 


So yeah, my period came five days late. I was feeling depressed and disappointed and who did I turn to. My buttcheeks of course! Even a tweet of encouragement was enough to show that they care. I can't predict the future and I don't know whether we will stay friends forever, but for now, especially now, I'm grateful that I have my butt cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment