Tuesday, March 17, 2015

And The Drama Continues

Hello chickadees. Guess what? My life has suddenly become much more interesting than it already is because of the drama that unfolded this morning. What drama you ask? Let me tell you.

It all began on a dark stormy night yesterday when I went to the loo and noticed that there was blood in my panty. Very weird considering I just had my AF two weeks ago, if you remember my last post. So I texted my RE who told me to go see her for a scan this morning, and I told her I would. And that was that, so far. And then last night after I finished my yoga classes at the gym. I was looking for hubs and couldn't find so I texted him to ask where he was. He told me that he skipped gym and was sleeping in the car. He said that  didn't feel too good. Apparently a certain part of his anatomy is in pain. What now??? But I let it go coz I thought it was nothing. And then at 3 a.m. today I woke up to the sound of him going to the loo. I asked him if he was okay and he told me that he was really in pain. He couldn't sleep and couldn't even walk properly by then. So I took a look at the said anatomy and found a bump the size of a thumb.

I was beginning to freak out by then and told him to get dressed and let me take him to the clinic, and he quickly did as he was told. This further freaked me out because he never agrees to see the doctor for anything, so I was guessing by then that he was really, really in pain. So I drove him to the clinic at 3 in the morning, when nary a soul was awake except us, the nurse and the doctor at the clinic. The doctor took one look at the bump and told us with a straight face that there is puss inside i.e. bisul. Whadahel??? He said that it's pretty common among guys, and the only thing he could do was take a truckload of antibiotics and some pain killers and pray that it goes down in a couple of days. So we took the meds and went on our merry way back home. After taking the pain killer and putting the antibiotic ointment on the bump, he was sleeping soundly after 5 minutes. Me on the other hand couldn't sleep a wink.

After four hours of battling with insomnia, I got out of bed and got ready for my emergency appointment with Dr. Adilah. I was driving on the highway (since hubs was still in pain and couldn't move) and singing at the top of my lungs when hubs texted me and told me that his bisul ruptured. Whaaaaat??? I called him (using bluetooth of course) since I detest people who text when they're driving (come on guys, I don't care about your life, since you obviously don't, but have a care for the other people on the road you're endangering) and he repeated that his bisul ruptured and that he was "feeling so much better". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Aaaaaanyway, I reached the hospital, told her nurse like the boss that I am (yeah right), that Dr. Adilah told me that I didn't have to make an appointment since this was an emergency when 5 minutes later Dr. Adilah came strolling in and asked me to come in side her clinic. We chatted for a few minutes, I told her what the blood from my bleeding looks like and before long she had me lying on the bed with the transvaginal wand in her hands. She showed me the screen and what did we see? A bloody 6mm cyst. Whaaaat??? I have never had a cyst in my entire life and here it is the size of a golf ball (on the screen anyway. I'm exaggerating here but you get the picture). The good news is that we can get rid of it with the help of meds, but if it doesn't shrink by the time of my next appointment at the end of the month, I'm looking at surgery to remove. The bad news is, it could rupture and then the doctor is gonna have to perform an emergency surgery. Oh hell to the no! I'm supposed to go to Krabi with my girlfriends on Thursday! She did say that I could go provided I don't go swimming and to minimize my movement. That means that I won't be going to the gym for the next couple of weeks (a little bit of my soul died then) and even have to perform prayers while sitting on a chair.

That's not even the best part. She then asked me, "how sure are you that you're pregnant?" Whaaaaat??? (this counts as No. 4, right?) I told her that I wasn't sure but I also told her that it's unlikely since I had my period two weeks ago. But she ordered a beta anyway while I looked at her like she was an alien from Planet Areyoucrazy. Her rationale was that if by a miniscule chance (my words, not hers) that if I'm pregnant, I cannot take Norcolut, a drug to stop my bleeding and shrink the cyst because it's not suitable for pregnant women and I have to take Duphaston instead. Being the good patient that I am, I went to the lab and had my blood sample taken. At 2 p.m. her nurse called and told me my beta is <2. Bahahahahaha!!! Sister, I could have saved RM168 and told you that myself! So Norcolut it is!

So that was the drama ladies and gentlemen. We'll see how it goes in a couple of weeks. Hopefully my cyst behaves and shrinks itself into oblivion soon. I swear it felt like I was in a comedy the whole morning.

What was your morning like? LOL!!!


  1. Wow what a drama!! One thing after another, I so feel you! Take care both of you. Don't be ganas-ganas. *HUGS*

  2. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, resepi dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)