Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!





So last Thursday was my ehem 27th (read 34th) birthday. It was a pretty low key day for me. My good friends from the office took me out for lunch at Acme Bar & Cafe at Troika. It was my first time dining there and the food was quite good. I haven't been seen one of the friends who transferred to another department early this year, so lunch was a good time to catch up on all the latest gossips LOL.

Later that night, DH took me to a Japanese restaurant in town. I've been wanting to try this restaurant but never got around to do it. So what better excuse than my birthday to check it out? I ordered the sashimi set and for RM110, it also comes with appetizers, a mini tempura, miso soup, chawan mushi and dessert.
These are our appetizers. And they were all so good! I loved the presentation too. The one in the glass was the salmon jelly, which was soooooo good. DH also got a complimentary appetizer of salmon salad which was also so good. 


Now I don't normally like and wouldn't touch chawan mushi with a ten foot pole, but this one was really good. It was silky and smooth I can taste so many elements in my mouth. I would definitely order this again.
And here's the star of the show. My sashimi platter. So many good things going on on the plate. I saved the salmon and tuna for last coz those were my favourite. There was octopus and yellow fin and something else I forgot. Everything on that plate was awesome. My only complaint was that there were only two salmon slices on the plate which was not nearly enough for me. 

DH's niku soba was also good. And in a huge bowl which was a big plus. I had some of the broth and it was yum!


Now this is Goma or black sesame ice cream. This I would order the next time I come here. I've never tried goma before. I find it weird that they can turn something like black sesame into ice cream but I loved it! RM18 is pretty expensive for a scoop but it was worth it. I had to restrain myself from licking the bowl LOL. For Japanese food lovers, check this restaurant out. It's pretty pricey than what you normally get from kaiten belt restaurants, but the food is worth the price you pay. Trust me.

All in all it was a great birthday. I loved spending it with DH. He really does pamper me which I adore. He had already given me a pair of diamond earrings earlier this year and spent so much on our Japan trip so I know better than to expect another present. And I know that he's planning something pretty big for me next year and I can't wait to see that happen. I've had so many ups and downs this year and this dinner was a good end to one heck of a roller coaster year. 

Thanks for reading! Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! It's lovely that hub pampers you mashaAllah. Really enjoy following your blog

    ReplyDelete