Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Guilty!

You know when someone says she's been eating/doing something out of the ordinary, people will assume that she's knocked up? Example:

A: I've been eating crocodile burger for three days
B: Is there something you're not telling me? *insert grin*

I didn't realize until now that it's kinda inappropriate and somewhat insensitive, especially when B knows that A has been TTC. What if A isn't pregnant? Don't you think that the assumption would be a tad depressing to A? Forget a tad. A lot depressing. Unless A is really pregnant and tells you so, in which case a grin would not be an acceptable reaction. Come on girl, bring out the sparkling apple juice!

Come on people. As if TTC isn't hard enough without people making assumptions and sticking their noses where they shouldn't be. I realize that often times when people do this, it's because that person is excited for that TTC gal. But be clever about it. Have some empathy. Always, always put yourself in the other person's shoes. I know this because I've been guilty of this crime myself on a couple of occasions. Now that I've heard someone do this to someone else and feeling depressed for that person knowing that she's not pregnant, I'm gonna stop doing it myself. Hey, the first step towards recovery is admission, right?

So let's be intelligently supportive towards our TTC friends ok? And with that, have a good week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I made a very big mistake fighting my husband, just because he ask me to give him a child after 9years of our marriage. This created a distance in our relationship, and our marriage was falling out of controlling, but the truth is that i was telling him the right thing, that when the time comes we have our baby. and one day he say to me that he can not do this any more, that is over. This was killing me and i was really hurt because I feel like I am going to lose him for another women. We have been together for 9years, i don’t know what to do any more. but today all thanks to Mallam Abudu of mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com cast a spell and also send a pregnancy seed and oil down to me to drink and i was able to get pregnant. this make my husband happy and come back home. what will i have done if not for Mallam Abudu roots and herbal drugs he gave to me. again thanks to mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com if you are having problem getting pregnant contact Mallam Abudu for help.

    ReplyDelete